ADVANCED INTERACTIVE DESIGN - FINAL PROJECT

05.11.2023 - 14.12.2023 (Week 10 - Week 16)
Christie Angelica Bakhary (0350655)
Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media / Advanced Interactive Design
Final Project


TASKS
For our final project, we were required to create an animated website that promotes one specific thing such as a product, a song, or an album, using the same/related product with the one from our previous AR Filter. I chose a Barbie theme ice cream from Cold Stone, which is a special collaboration between Cold Stone and Barbie.

References
Before I start designing the layout, I looked for inspos and references on Pinterest and Behance. Below are some interesting website designs that I found:

Fig. 1.1: Reference #1 

Fig. 1.2: Reference #2 


Progression
Before designing, I first collected all the assets (product image, logo, etc.) and chose typefaces for my website. Below are the assets that I've collected:

Fig. 2.1: Assets

For the typeface, I looked for and used Barbie typefaces which are Bartex (heading) and ITC Avant Garde Gothic (body texts).

Then, I started designing in Adobe Illustration, below are the draft:

Fig. 2.2: Draft 

Below is my final website design:

Publishing
After I finished all the animation and checked it, I exported it and started uploading it to Netify and changed the site domain name.


Below is a problem that i encountered while uploading my files:

Apparently, it is caused by a renaming problem where i accidentally typed in .html when renaming, causing it to be doubled and can't be read.


Final Submission
Netlify link:



REFLECTION
This project was a challenging one, as I was not familiar with Animate CC at all before. I was frustrated when doing the coding and making each of the navigation buttons, as I faced many trials and errors. I even wanted to give up, but I'm glad I didn't. In the end, I was proud that I was able to finish this project and this module with a decent result I would say, as someone who used to hate anything related to coding. Overall, this project taught me how to be more patient in doing all tasks.

Comments

Popular Posts