PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WEEK (PDW)

 “Maximize Your LinkedIn Presence” by BDO

Attending the "Maximize Your LinkedIn Presence" webinar by BDO gave me a new perspective on LinkedIn's diverse role in professional networking. I realized that LinkedIn is not just a platform for showcasing career milestones and job searching but also for developing a personal brand. This insight prompted me to reconsider how I present myself online. The session highlighted the importance of having a polished profile, which includes a clear header, a professional photo, and a headline that accurately represents my role and achievements. A key takeaway for me was the benefit of quantifying accomplishments in my work experience section to boost my credibility. The webinar encouraged me to view LinkedIn as a tool for ongoing learning and networking, motivating me to interact more actively with industry professionals and peers. Overall, the session inspired me to improve my LinkedIn profile to better reflect my professional journey and goals.


"Digital Transformation and Solutions - The Importance of Making It Easy" by Aplikasi

The "Digital Transformation and Solutions" webinar by Aplikasi showcased the significant impact of digital transformation across various fields, including digital marketing, video consultations, collaboration tools, and e-commerce. I discovered the value of utilizing cloud software, data analytics, and automation to optimize operations and improve customer experiences. Emerging trends like cloud computing, AI, IoT, and AR/VR are reshaping the business environment. The session highlighted the personal benefits of digital transformation, such as increased job opportunities, the potential for remote work, higher salaries, and better job security. This experience has inspired me to expand my knowledge of digital technologies and tools to boost my career prospects and adapt to the changing job market. The webinar reinforced the importance of embracing digital transformation to enhance my professional skills and advance my career.


"Financial Literacy for Fresh Graduates" by Maybank

The "Financial Literacy for Fresh Graduates" webinar hosted by Maybank provided valuable guidance on effectively managing personal finances. The session highlighted important saving techniques, such as prioritizing personal savings, tracking expenses, and steering clear of unnecessary debt. I gained insight into the distinction between saving and investing, understanding that saving involves setting aside funds, whereas investing requires making your money work for you. The webinar underscored the significance of career advancement as a key investment while also preparing for emergencies. I learned about common investing mistakes, like overestimating the ease of market timing and the risks of chasing high returns. The session emphasized the importance of cautious and well-informed financial decisions, advocating for thorough research before following investment trends. This webinar inspired me to adopt a proactive approach to financial literacy and work towards a stable financial future.


“Evolve and Reinvention: Top Lessons from a Culinary-Entrepreneurship Journey” by Chef Yuda

The workshop, led by Chef Yuda, an esteemed Indonesian culinary expert and Taylor’s University alumnus, provided invaluable insights into the culinary world. Currently working in Indonesia, Chef Yuda shared his extensive experience, including his recipe being featured by a major brand and his upcoming appearance on a Netflix show. He emphasized the importance of crafting simple, relatable personal branding that is easy to remember. Chef Yuda highlighted that being a chef involves much more than just preparing meals; it requires effective teamwork. Staying ahead of industry trends and keeping updated with news is crucial for success. He also discussed strategies for staying motivated, encouraging participants to dream big and think creatively. Common challenges, such as fierce competition, were addressed, alongside the significance of networking with fellow chefs. Building a strong network can lead to numerous opportunities and career advancement. Chef Yuda’s talk underscored that personal branding, teamwork, trend awareness, and motivation are essential elements in navigating and excelling in the culinary field.


Comments

Popular Posts